- respecting the individual and valuing the right of people to make their own choices.
- valuing equality of both opportunity and outcome, and challenging discriminatory practice.
- increasing the ability of individuals and groups to influence issues that affect them and their communities through individual and/ or collective action.
- maximizing collaborative working relationships with the many agencies which contribute to Community-Based Education (CLD) and/or which Community-Based Education (CLD) contributes to, including collaborative work with participants, learners and communities.
- ensuring that individuals are aware of a range of learning opportunities and are able to access relevant options at any stage of their life
Our adherence to the above values demonstrates our commitment to the Community Learning and Development Standards Council for Scotland.